A follower from instagram recently requested a tutorial for this hairstyle. This is a fun look for a special event but you could also do a messy bun and wear it as an everyday style! Let me know where you’d wear it down below in the comments! xo
French Braid Side Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Bobby pins
- Elastic bands
- Medium-hold hairspray
French Braid Side Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side though you could part it on the left and put the braid on the right.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section on the left side and divide it into three sections to start the braid.
- Step 3 / Do one stitch of a regular braid crossing the side strands over the middle strand; right side first then left side.
- Step 4 / Cross the right strand over and incorporate a new section into the braid.
- Step 5 / Repeat step 4 with the left strand.
- Step 6 / Continue steps 4 and 5 once more.
- Step 7 / Now switch to a lace style braid so continue crossing the side strands over the middle strand but stop incorporating hair into the top side of the braid.
- Step 8 / Continue braiding the hair along the left side of the head, bringing in sections to the bottom side of the braid, keeping the braid a little higher on the head.
- Step 9 / Once the braid reaches the nape of the neck, stop bringing in sections and continue braiding the hair in a regular three strand braid down to the ends.
- Step 10 / Cross two bobby pins over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 11 / Combine the rest of thehair at the nape of the neck, slightly off center, and tie it together using a clear elastic band.
- Step 12 / On the last wrap of the elastic, pull the hair part way through to create a small loop. This will be the base of the bun.
- Step 13 / Lay the braid over this loop and slide some bobby pins along the middle of the braid to help hold it in place.
- Step 14 / Take the ends from the ponytail and divide it in half.
- Step 15 / Twist one half together and lay it over the bun, pinning it in place with a bobby pin.
- Step 16 / With the other half of the ponytail, loop this underneath the bun and tuck it through the elastic to create another looped section of the bun.
- Step 17 / Now remove the bobby pins from the end of the braid and comb it out.
- Step 18 / Combine the remaining hair together and wrap it around the front of the bun.
- Step 19 / Tuck the hair underneath the bun and pin it in place with some bobby pins.
- Step 20 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
- Step 21 / Embellish the style with some pretty hair pins along the top side of the braid.
The post French Braid Side Bun appeared first on MISSY SUE.
Original source: https://missysue.com/2020/01/french-braid-side-bun/